Saturday, September 8, 2012

Getting into the swing of things

Well we are getting into the groove of our new schedules!
Jonas and Tom are out of the house by 7:10 and Tinzley and I get to lazily follow them.  We are usually out of the house by 7:45 and some mornings we will milk those extra min in bed!  :)
Jonas gets dropped off at school every morning by Tom.  Tinzley and I head to school together and sometimes pick up Grandma on the way.
It is sad sometimes to not have Jonas with us but we are getting used to it!  Tinzley will sometimes ask where Jonas is and I think that is sweet!
Tinzley and I get to school around 8:30 and she either heads to the gym or plays in my room or Grandma's room. 
My schedule has changed from working 3 days a week to 5 days a week.  It has been adjustment but not bad.  I dont have to work any extended care hours so that is nice to be able to leave everyday at 1:15.  My class this year has definitely been a challenge at times but hopefully we are making progress and getting into the swing of our routine!
Jonas is doing so well at school!  He loves PE, and riding the bus!  He also loves the classroom management system and gets so excited to tell us each day that he lands on a 3,4, or 5.  He is waiting to get to a super six so he can get a trip to Steak and Shake as his reward from mom and dad! 
TInzley and I get home around 2 just in time for her to go down for her much needed nap!  I get to rest for about an hour until i have to walk up to the bus stop to pick up Jonas.  He usually comes eats a snack and has rest time too.  He hates it but it is so necessary still.  By 7:30 the kid is wiped!  He has started getting homework this past week which has been interesting.  He has a little math question everyday and every Monday he gets a poem that we have to go over throughout the week.  It is not hard but he doesnt love it and I have a hard time not getting to intense that he needs to know ALL of it the first time we read it.  Haha

We also have soccer practice every Monday and I am coaching Tinzl;ey's team.  She had her first game today (pics to follow) and she did okay.  NOt terrible (no crying) but not great (didnt really participate).  Tinzley also is starting dance this week at school.  She will have ballet and tap every wed afternoon from 1-2. 
I have bible study every Tues night and Tom has prayer group 1 tues a month.  He also has some friends that he likes to get together with and play guitar.  It is a busy schedule but everyone seems to be adjusting well to it. 
I am also in the process of training for my third half marathon so that keeps me busy as well!

I hope to get some pics up here soon of all of the happenings we have been up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment