Tuesday, January 10, 2012

So I missed blogging yesterday but there was good reason for it and do not fear I did not miss taking some pics yesterday! This is our little Tinzley ALL dressed up for school! She loves her bows, her necklace, and her new dress from Grandma! She is ALL girl as Jonas is ALL boy!




We went over to Josh and Rachel's house last night to watch the National Championship... Roll Tide or Geaux Tigers? It did not matter we just like hanging out with good friends and enjoying some good food so THANK YOU Josh and Rachel! I took a very awkward pic of Josh and Tom that they were pretty good about it! :) I also wanted a pic of me and Rachel because we dont really have any and she has been the best friend a girl could ask for this past year and a half! She is a pretty awesome person!


This pic down here is me and my favorite girl! So here are two pics of me with my new camera! :)


So, on a deeper note I guess or I guess a goal check in since I consider my readers of this my people who are holding me accountable. Tom and I have done pretty well with keeping up on our exercising! I have done okay on reading the bible everyday...some days have been missed but I have been reading my parenting book and I am almost done. I am enjoying reading and trying to figure out the best way to raise our kids. It is a tough job being a parent. Constant doubt, frustration, joy, relief, enjoyment, happiness, disappointment, embarassment, and so many things. It is so hard to know if what you are doing is right and what you say is the right thing, and how you react, or how you discipline is the right thing.

All this to say I am really trying hard with Jonas. He is such a smart and fun kid. He is so talented and so interesting. He wants to know how things work and why they are the way they are. He asks so many questions and is so curious. He also is very obnoxious at times, and very LOUD! He pushes, and tests boundaries. He yells and screams when he doesnt get his way or when he is sad or frustrated. He wants what he wants when he wants it, and when he doesnt want to do something he tells you and he has an attitude. He is shy around new people and has the awful habit of hitting people when they get in his face. He can make you laugh, he can make you cry, he can make you smile, and he can make you scream! Boy, I love that kid but sometimes i feel so out of control with him. One thing I am trying to remember is no matter how much I want to, I cant control what he does. He is his own person and will always be his own person. I must accept his strengths weaknesses and push him to use those for good over bad. He needs to learn that new people and new things can sometimes turn out okay. That is okay to not like something or someone but to still be nice and respectful.
I try and pray about it, I try to relax and be understanding and patient. He is such a great kid. He is such a sweet and sensitive kid as well. He can be very empathetic when you are hurting or sad. I just want what is best for him and for him to be the best Jonas he can be! (cheesy haha) Any advice is appreciated. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment